• Recycling workshop in Togo •
A different way of discovering Togo and its people!
All year round
Kpele-Adeta and Gati.
Kpele-Adéta, a town of 15,000 people and situated at the crossroads of Kpalime-Atakpame, Notse-Danyi. This is also where the headquarters of FAGAD are located.
This region is especially attractive to « Eco-tourists » as it provides hiking with great diversity in flora and fauna. One can discover beautiful forests, a veritable botanical paradise, waterfalls that cool the very warm climate, fields of coffee, cocoa and palms, etc.
Gati is a village of 5000 inhabitants located 40 km from Lome and 15 km from Tsevie when coming from Tabligbo. Tsevie is the largest town in the surrounding region. Agriculture is the the major activity and is practiced by 95% of the population. It has three primary schools and one secondary school and an open market takes place every Tuesday. This village is culturally and traditionally rich
The workshop lasts 5 days – accommodation during 7 nights
You will be lodged with full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) at the homes of local inhabitants.
Homes are built in the traditional architectural style with toilet facilities constructed outside of the home for hygienic reasons (bucket showers). You will be provided with your own private room. You must bring a mosquito net. (Nets can also be purchased locally at a very low cost.)
The families housing our guests have experience receiving young foreigners coming to Togo to participate in volunteer projects.
- 15 course hours with a young teacher (3 hours per day from Monday to Friday)
- Welcome at Lome's airport (if necessary)
- Transfer to the family where you will be staying
- Transfer to the artisan teacher the first day
- Lodging with full board for 7 days
- Assistance for the duration of your stay via our local partner
- Membership fees for the association