Family Workcamp at la Source, Languedoc region, South of France
Location : France
Dates : August
Duration : 1 week
Tariff : 250,00 €
The workcamp takes place at the “Espace de la Source” located in the heart of the Natural Park of Upper Languedoc, with a splendid view on the mountains of the Orb Valley.
Dates: From Thursday 23 to Thursday 30 August 2018
Every morning, you will participate in the building of stone steps. All hands are welcome, from the smallest to collect and sort the small stones to the largest to position them. The steps will go from the terrace where the fruit trees are to the terrace of the eating place.
Lunch will be prepared and taken all together, then you can spend the rest of the day and of your evenings enjoying the relaxing nature, either alone, with your own family or with the company of the other families.
While you are there, you will be able to:
- Take a book in the yurt and read it in a hammock
- Explore the hiking trails in the surrounding forest
- Swimming in the river Orb
- Dive into the silence of the place
- Enjoy the beautiful sunset
The rich nature is a great playground for children and a healing place for all.
Presentation of the project:
Sandra and Kiêt, both teachers in Tai ji quan and Qi gon created this place and live there with their son Dalai. The family lives in an ecological stone house entirely self-constructed from a ruin, in the spirit of permaculture (renewable energies, eco-construction, natural water treatment...).
A great attention is made to respect the surrounding nature based on rainwater collection, the use of solar panels and dry toilets.
The site welcomes retreats, courses or workshops dedicated to the activities of healing and well-being, the transmission of know-how.
Kiêt also started the Toumaï project, an agro-ecological garden using very few water.
In this Mediterranean context, at 500 meters high, without any connection to the water network, without wells or drilling, the word Toumaï takes on its full meaning. How to create an oasis of greenery, a vast educational and productive vegetable garden when you only depend on rainwater? Based on permaculture and on Pierre Rabhi's many researches and experiments, Kiêt is experimenting a vegetable garden on mounds with water-saving gardening techniques to tend towards greater food self-sufficiency. The ambitious project is to store more than 100,000 liters of water, to be autonomous in fruits and vegetables, and to be able to provide organic baskets for the training courses. The Toumaï garden has both a food and educational function.
The proposed workcamp contributes to the development of this ecological place, so you will play your part in this project!
You can camp in the shade of the trees with your own tent or sleep in a safari tent.
Two safari tents are available on site. Beautiful wooden structures, wooden floor, outdoor terrace, and comfortable beds make these tents safaris magical places. You will have access to the common areas: summer kitchen, showers and dry toilet and can return to your tent to enjoy the quiet space of your terrace. 2 people per tent. Extra child bed is possible.
The common areas:
• The outdoor wooden summer kitchen with tables in the shade of the trees, always with the view on the valley and the sunset.
• The Showers: Only working with solar heated rainwater, they are Indian showers (bucket of hot water to fill with the external tap and using a bowl) to keep the consciousness of the water resources, sufficient for all but limited..
• Dry toilets: In the same state of mind, the dry toilets allow the use of the waste to create compost that is used at the feet of the fruit trees.
- Thursday – Day 1: Free arrival in the afternoon. Putting up the tent, visit of the place. In the evening, buffet, everyone brings specialty of his region/ country to share with the other families.
- From Friday to Wednesday – Day 2 to 7: Self-managed breakfast. The workcamp starts at 8h30.
Break at 10h30. Then one part of the team carries on the work while the other part goes to the kitchen to prepare the collective meal. At 1 pm, collective meal under the shade of the trees. Then free time until the following morning, with possibility of waking / hiking around, bathing, according to the desires of the group…
- Thursday – Day 8: Self-managed breakfast. Departure in the morning.
The Espace La Source is located near the village of Vieussan in the Upper Languedoc, 45 minutes from Béziers by car, 1h30 from Montpellier.
What to bring:
• A torch/headlamp
• Warmer clothes for the cooler evenings
• Mosquito repellent
• Good shoes
• Organic soap and shampoo
- Family package: Organisation & membership fees : 250 € per family (from 1 adult, 1 child)
- Meals package (Supply of organic vegetarian food) : 119 € per adult, 60€ per child.
- Camping package: 70 € per adult - 35 € per child (less than 10 years old)
- Safari Tent package: 245 € (3 persons maximum)
These prices include the use of the kitchen, showers and toilets.
How to enrol:
To apply, please fill in the application form attached and send it to: email@example.com
Once the availability of the workcamp has been checked, you will be asked for the payment of fees to confirm your placement.
You must wait for our confirmation before booking and organising your travel.
Once registration is confirmed, you can organize your arrival. Thank you for keeping us informed of your arrival time.
Cancellations & Refunds:
• Any cancellation by the participant, whether before or during the placement, must be justified in writing.
• If the applicant cancels the application, no fees paid will be refunded.
• In case of a cancellation by ALIORE, we will make a refund (less the bank charges).
• ALIORE will be available with help and advice during the programme.
Good to know:
Other individuals and familie programmes in France