• Spanish course and Volunteering in Bilbao •
Learn and practice Spanish!
Get involved in the local life
A human scale city
Two weeks of Spanish lessons (20 hours per week) and 20 hours of volunteering per week to be chosen from the following areas:
- Beach or mountain cleaning to help reduce the human impact for a better world with less pollution
- Animal walfare: Volunteer in a cats & dogs shelter
This volunteer time is a unique opportunity to experience life in Spain and to practice the language on a daily basis.
Spanish lessons: The student first takes an online level test. Classes take place in the morning from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, with a short 30-minute break. A class therefore lasts on average fifty minutes. 6 levels are offered (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) throughout the year.
The courses focus on the essential areas of language acquisition: oral (comprehension and conversation) and written (reading and writing). The goal is to acquire these language skills and the necessary confidence. They are organized in a dynamic and interactive way through discussions, projects and role plays. The school is accredited by the Instituto Cervantes to teach Spanish as a foreign language.
In addition to Spanish lessons and volunteer time, each participant can also participate in the social activities offered by the school in order to practice Spanish and meet the other students. These activities are offered outside the school and also allow you to discover various aspects of Spanish history and culture.
Here are some of the activities on offer:
- Tapas tour (pinchos): every Friday, students can discover the tapas of Bilbao in one of the bars near the school.
- Guggenheim Museum : Visit of temporary and permanent exhibitions.
- Wine tasting: a fun activity to learn how to taste wine.
- Excursions to Guernica
- Excursions to San Juan de Gaztelugatxe : one of the most picturesque places on the Basque coast.
- Arriaga Theatre: flamenco, dance and opera performances.
These events are all opportunities to put the theory learned into practice and create a joyful and friendly atmosphere. Not to mention that the beaches are 20 minutes from the school and it is possible to go surfing or sailing.
Programme available all year round. Classes start on Monday.
The school is located in a privileged location, between the historic center (Casco Viejo) and the Abando station which is the main station in the city.
No age requirement. The program is open to anyone wishing to live new experiences and get to know people from different cultures: young people, retirees, liberal professions ... everyone is welcome.
You can choose your accommodation:
- Shared accommodation, single room (Wifi, weekly cleaning, electricity, water and self-catering)
- Or half-board accommodation with a host family (compulsory for minors)
1 330,00 €
This price includes:
• 2 weeks Spanish courses (40h)
• Volunteering, 20h per week
• Airport pickup to the accomodation
• Shared accommodation, single room (Wifi, weekly cleaning, electricity, water and self-catering)
• Or half-board accommodation with a host family (compulsory for minors)
• Cultural activities from Monday to Friday
• Volunteering certificate and Spanish certificate at the end of the programme with the level reached
• 24/7 support
• Membership fees to the association