• Live with and Teach English to a family in Spain •
Linguistic and cultural exchange in Spain
Practice Spanish in the everyday life
Make lifelong friends
This homestay English teaching programme is a great opportunity to experience Spanish lifestyle and improve your linguistic skills at a low cost. You live with a host family and in exchange for your own room and meals; you share your language with the host family for around 15 hours per week.
This programme has a focus on cultural exchange; it is designed for flexible people wishing to experience the Spanish culture in depth.
Participating in this programme implies sharing daily life with a Spanish family, learning their language and culture and adopting it as their own for a period of time. At the same time, the participant will share his/her own language and culture with the members of the local family.
Available all year round.
Placements can be offered all over Spain depending on the availabilities when you apply.
4 to 12 weeks (longer stays are possible with the au pair programme)
- Be a native English speaker
- Have finished High School
- Be flexible, open-minded and willing to adapt quickly to your new environment
- Respect the host family’s rules
- Have some knowledge of Spanish. The programme is not suitable for total beginners in Spanish
- Previous teaching experience is not a requirement but is highly recommended.
The family offers full board and private accommodation. However, some families are not at home during the day, parents work outside and children are at school all day long. In this case, language assistants are responsible for their own lunch (you can use the kitchen or take a snack in the city centre). Language assistants should be flexible with lunches and adapt themselves to the reality of the family.
Facilities of the house are shared with the family, private bathroom is sometimes available.
Personal expenses are at your own charge even on family outings (cinema tickets, entrance fees..)
Each family is interviewed and carefully selected taking into account their genuine desire to learn a new language and share their culture with the participants.
Full details of the accommodation will be provided with the placement offer.
As being part of the family, you will be expected to keep your room tidy and clean and respect the host family’s rules.
You will not be requested to act as a domestic help or an au pair - namely
cooking / cleaning or child-minding. However, you will be expected to take a reasonable role with day to day household chores, such as helping to prepare meals, washing up, general tidying etc.
the 4 weeks placement
8 weeks : 690 €
12 weeks : 790 €
These fees include:
- All the coordination, in-person visits and communication necessary to organise the placement with a host family in Spain (placement includes accommodation and meals)
- Orientation information, and all in-country informational materials.
- Transfer from the airport/ train station to the host family
- Guidance from in country coordinator throughout your stay
I would like to
Tous droits réservés Aliore © 2020